Thursday 23 October 2014

Premature Baby Born at 29 weeks

Eventually after all the paper work was done I packed my first “Kangaroo Mom” baby bag, waiting for the phone to ring so I can go and get my first baby.


I will never forgot that day the phone rang, nappy bag ready, pram and car chair ready. All the excitement, you could almost smell it in the air.


So my youngest girl & I went to go and fetched you at Hospital.

I can’t describe the feeling when I went into the room where you were laying. There were about 6 nurses around you. You  were so loved in the  hospital already. So when I got the chance to get through all the nurses there you were so perfect so beautifully  made. The Dr made me wait for her so she can tell me they called you Thandi  so I felt the Lord said leave her name: Thandi, meaning “loved one“.  And so you where loved, indeed.

All the clothes in the bag where way too big for you even though it was prem size clothing.

So my daughter and I had you all dressed and ready to go. You settled in very good and quickly became the queen of the house.

The Lord gave me scripture for you after you first night with us. Isaiah 49:15
'Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you!'

With that in mind the Lord sent us as a family on this amazing journey with you.

Your nappies were so small we had to buy you special prem nappies. Even doll’s clothing was too big for you.


Our journey with you was so amazing, listen to this story. We needed a monitor for you so I googled and there was this lady selling hers on the internet, so I took a change of asking her if she would be able to donate the monitor if no one is interested. One day she phoned and said we can get it. With our arrival  there we introduced ourselves and as soon as we introduced you the lady burst out in tears after a while we found out her daughter’s name was also Thandi and she had been going through major difficulties. So how awesome is that for God lead interventions using us and you.

Another one is when we decided to start looking into trying out a new church. It was great and when the service was finished my son asked, “Mom do you see the back of the chairs in the church. There were a label and on every chair in that church was the simple little word “Thandi Chair” and then the barcode.

That was there to show us that we will have a school or congregation FAMILY full of Thandi’.

The Lord definitely called us as a Family to do this, to take care of the young ones.

You were so small but you had a personality. We as a family had the privilege to nurture you. I know now that you were more healing to us as a family and only the beginning of new season in our life’s.

The Lord showed me that we as a family where the incubators before you go out in to this world. We definitely equipped you to face anything in the wold outside. You are our pride and joy.

It’s time for us to let go and let God and so my dear Thandi that was not a very easy thing for me to do. There were times I was thinking can’t I just run away with you. My children said let’s just adopted you and leave this calling. This was not the plan for us as a family in this season though.

So with this I can say: I handed you over to your forever parents I couldn’t even cry because they cried too much. There was instant love and bubbling from your side the moment they had you in their arms. It was the perfect match. You will always be a part of our family

Ps 16:11
You will show me the path of life;
In Your presence is fullness of joy;
At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

No comments:

Post a Comment